Last Updated: June 12, 2023
Thank you for being an edX enterprise customer. These edX Enterprise Product Descriptions and Terms apply as described in the edX Enterprise Product Order Form(s) agreed to between you (“you(r)” or “Customer”) and edX LLC as of the date set forth therein. These edX Enterprise Product Descriptions and Terms govern your purchase and use of the applicable products as stated on the cover page of such order form(s). Capitalized terms used and not defined herein shall have the respective meanings assigned to them in the order form. edX LLC and its affiliates (“edX”) reserve the right to modify these product descriptions and terms at any time to reflect changes to edX’s business processes and other updates to be effective upon posting on this page.
Customer Relationship. Customer is purchasing the applicable product(s) from the service provider, edX, on behalf of, and for the sole benefit of, Enterprise Learners (defined below) in accordance with the terms of the applicable order form(s). Customer shall pay all amounts due to edX pursuant to the applicable order form(s).
Codes. If covered by an order form, such order form entitles you to course enrollment codes that cover the cost per seat in the certificate track in certain massive open online courses offered on www.edx.org, as set forth in and subject to the terms of the order form.
- Code Redemption: You are responsible, in your sole discretion, for distributing codes to Enterprise Learners. Each code will cover the listed price of the applicable courses and the redemption cost per code is based on the www.edx.org listed price in effect at the time of enrollment. In the event there is a credit remaining once all issued but not yet expired codes have been redeemed, edX will, upon request, deliver additional codes to accommodate any such available balance. For purposes of clarity, any such additional codes shall be subject to all terms and conditions as stated on the order form and shall have the same expiration date as the initial related batch of codes issued thereunder. In the event the amount of code redemptions exceeds the total redemption value stated on the cover page of the order form, you agree to remit payment to edX for any such overage.
- Code Expiration: Each code will expire on the code expiration date stated on the cover page of the order form, once the total redemption value is exceeded, or once all applicable courses are closed, whichever occurs first. If a course is not designated as self-paced, you should confirm that a course run is available before expiration.
Learner Credit. If covered by an order form, such order form entitles you to a course enrollment credit that covers the cost per seat in either: (i) the certificate track in certain massive open online courses offered on www.edx.org; or (ii) certain executive education courses offered by edX LLC’s affiliate, GetSmarter, on www.getsmarter.com; and made available for discovery via the edX Learner Portal or via course discovery integration, if applicable, as set forth in and subject to the terms of the order form. Customer shall distribute learner credit to Enterprise Learners, in its sole discretion. Course enrollments will be offered at the listed price of the applicable courses and the cost per enrollment is based on the www.edx.org or www.getsmarter.com course listed price, as applicable, in effect at the time of enrollment. In the event that the amount of course enrollments exceeds the total redemption value stated on the cover page of the order form, you agree to remit payment to edX for any such overage. For purposes of clarity, the learner credit will expire on the expiration date stated on the cover page of the order form.
Subscription Licenses. If covered by an order form, such order form entitles you to course enrollments via the edX Learner Portal that cover the cost per seat in the certificate track in certain massive open online courses offered on www.edx.org, as set forth in and subject to the terms of the order form.
- Course Portfolio: Courses offered and made available as part of the applicable edX-curated catalog of courses are subject to change from time to time. In the event a course is removed from the catalog, Enterprise Learners who have previously enrolled in such course may continue to participate in the course and will remain eligible to earn a certificate of achievement upon successful course completion for so long as the course remains available on www.edx.org.
- Enrollment Process: You are responsible, in your sole discretion, for assigning and managing subscription license access to Enterprise Learners and acknowledge that each subscription license may only be assigned via the edX Admin Dashboard once per subscription period. Subscription licenses shall be individually attributable and, by policy, not shared or assumed by any other user. edX reserves the right to suspend access for violation of such access rights and responsibilities. For purposes of clarity, each Enterprise Learner shall have unlimited access until the subscription licenses expiration date stated on the cover page of the order form to discover and enroll in courses included in the applicable catalog, after which time Enterprise Learners will retain access to their www.edx.org user accounts and any certificates of achievement earned during the subscription period.
- Confidentiality: You acknowledge and agree that the fees due and payable under the order form (including the price per license) are and shall be treated as confidential information of edX, and further that edX reserves the right to terminate the order form for cause in the event of your disclosure of such information.
Data Package. If covered by an order form, edX will provide a learner progress report of certain demographic, enrollment and completion data (“Data”) subject to the terms set forth therein and available only relative to course enrollments purchased for internal use by your current workforce in the case of an employer, your current students in the case of an academic institution or by your current clients in the case of a tutoring service (each, an “Enterprise Learner”). With respect to massive open online courses offered on www.edx.org, Data will be provided via the edX Admin Dashboard and will include the following elements per Enterprise Learner (additional fields related to course demographics, enrollment and completion may be added by edX from time to time): username; user ID; email address; country; date of account creation; enrolled course(s) name(s); course ID; course start and end date; enrollment date; progress status; last activity date; total learning hours; current and final grade. With respect to executive education courses offered on www.getsmarter.com, Data will be provided through a secure data sharing method and will include the following elements per Enterprise Learner: full name; telephone number; email address; performance data in relation to courses, including time spent online, grades and status (pass or fail).
Enterprise Integration Toolkit. If covered by an order form, edX will facilitate course discovery integration between edX’s course catalog application program interface (“API”) and your website and/or software application. Such integration shall be in accordance with edX’s standard API terms of service. You shall be solely responsible for proper integration, implementation and configuration maintenance of the API into your website and/or software application. If selected, such integration may additionally provide for data delivery, as may be applicable, to your authorized system administrator via your website and/or software application, limited to certain completion data.
Account Authentication. If covered by an order form, edX will facilitate single sign-on (“SSO”) between your system and www.edx.org via a third-party authentication service that supports SAML 2.0 facilitated by edX in accordance with standard product features as may be updated from time to time. All accounts shall be individually attributable and, by policy, not shared or assumed by any other user. You represent and warrant that in the event auto-registration is or will be used for this integration, any and all attributes or other information completed, used or otherwise provided by you with respect to each Enterprise Learner for purposes of facilitating or performing the auto-registration is complete and accurate to the best of your knowledge.
Support Services. If covered by an order form, edX (or, for clarity, edX and its affiliates as applicable) will provide standard support services comprised of support and advisory services related to available enterprise products and features provided by an enterprise relationship manager; processing by edX’s learner support team of learner support tickets in English for massive open online courses offered on www.edx.org; course support in accordance with GetSmarter’s student terms and conditions for executive education courses; and if course discovery integration or account authentication are covered by an order form, support for launch and maintenance by an integration manager who will be available to liaise with your technical lead (provided that you have completed all configuration activities necessary for launch). Additionally, if course discovery integration or account authentication are covered by an order form: (i) edX will provide technical documentation and advisory services (for clarity, such work does not include customization, including but not limited to development of new functionality or changing the behavior of existing functionality); (ii) the timing of either such integration shall be subject to your responsiveness, the configuration of each system and edX availability; (iii) each party agrees to notify the other immediately in the event of any security incident that is directly related to or affecting either such integration; and (iv) either party may terminate either such integration for any reason upon thirty (30) days notice, and the parties will collaborate to minimize disruption to Enterprise Learners.